Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The developer

I am not a programmer. I am however a big fan of all things 2D and retro.

Gamemaker (GM) allows someone like me, with little prior programming knowledge, to create 2D and move it about on-screen. GM uses a simple drag and drop interface to get you started, and also supports GML its own programming language (if you are feeling brave).

I use GM for its flexibility and ease of use. It allows the user to quickly playtest ideas and concepts to see if they play half as well as they think they should. It quickly allows you to discover if an idea is worth developing.

I will be developing this game in my spare time. I have a day job. I imagine updates to the game and this blog will happen in bursts. Sometimes frequent, sometimes not so.

No comments: